Field and Civil Engineering were awarded the Taylor Wimpey (Yorkshire) 4 year contract for the new housing development, building 209 homes.
Situated in the heart of the East Yorkshire Wolds, Foxley Meadows is just 20 miles South East of York, in Sandholme Market Weighton.
The Roads, Sewers and section 278 works commenced on site in January 2019.
We also have the pleasure of starting the 209 plots in March 2019, after the entrance and the first 70m of Road had been completed.
Our works for Taylor Wimpey consist of the following:
- We constructed the Section 278 works for the site, this involved extending the existing lane up to the site and created a new entrance off this into the development.
- Laying 500m of large culverts across the site to provide storage in the surface water sewerage system, this will eventually outfall into the existing brook.
- Construct two large balancing ponds for additional surface water storage.
- Build all the plots up to DPC level including foundations, plot drainage, brickwork, floor slabs, driveways and foot paths.
- Construct the new foul water drainage system for the site, connecting into the existing combined sewer that crosses the site.
The show homes for this development were opened on programme for the August 2019 bank holiday, for the public to view.
For expert help on your next engineering or construction project, contact our team on 01246 269444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.